Sunday, May 15, 2011

BATTLETECH: Battle for Luthien, 3068




Many of you are familiar with the miniature game Battletech I am sure. 30 foot tall robots with pilots known as mechwarriors dominate the battlefields of this universe. This game has been a staple in my group for many years and we have a long fond history of playing it. With a very large and rich back story and multitudes of factions and eras to play, you will never get bored. For years I have wanted to do a grand scale campaign with loads of awesome terrain and tons of units. Unfortunatly with school and other things I was distracted and never got a start on my plans. In the following years I fell behind on events and happenings within that universe.

With more time to invest in personal projects as of this year, I started to catch up on what I had missed in the Battletech storyline. Recently, Battletech has moved into an era of chaos and large scale war called the Jihad started by the Word of Blake. The conflict rages accross the entire Inner Sphere. While reading loads of new source material I came accross the conflict in the Draconis Combine, known as the Battle for Luthien, that nations capital world. The battle caught my attention due to the variety of units and factions that fight for the world between the storyline years of 3067-3074. The best part of all for me was that it is almost all fought within a city! This particular struggle had everything I wanted in a campaign, with liberal room for variable outcomes.

In January this year, I made a decision to start full tilt into this era of the Battletech universe. I have gathered many miniatures, tons of support material, and base objects for full 3d terrain, this project will be featured as progress continues on its development. Be it a single mech or a full modular urban terrain square, it will be posted here. For more details on the campaign that will take place using the items featured here, feel free to contact me. This is a long term project, that may take several years to make ready for the game table, but worth every minute.

For starters here is the first mech off the assembly line. Done in the colours of the Draconis Combine's Second Sword of Light Regiment. This particular sworder has coloured over his Sword of Light emblem, and is now acting under orders of the Black Dragon rebel faction. As the list of painted units gets larger, I will attempt to compile a master mini list on the main page for easy viewing of each piece.

No comments: