Monday, April 19, 2010

Heavy Gear Blitz! Studio Challenge.



Hey all, just thought I would share something new here at the Studio. Currently every studio member has taken on the challenge of getting ready to build and paint an army of Heavy Gear miniatures from Dream Pod 9. Each staff member is responsible for building a 1000 pt core army from one of the many factions involved in the game. We will be keeping a running tab of photos on each staff members army as they are being built, and painted.

The staff list:

Leagueless/Mercs (Jon)
The North (Bill)
Peace River (Chris)
CEF/PAK (Will)

I have included a picture of my first Gear fresh off the building block to show the quality of the raw model (already customised my Gear as you can see). This Kodiak will be my army commander, and the future undefeated Merc general! So keep a watch on things here and maybe it will tempt some of you to try some gears of your own. And as usual we won't mind painting some for you either ;) Also a link posted for those of you who want to check things out.

www.dp9.com

3 comments:

Greg said...

I never really looked at the leagueless loadout options for the the Kodiak, interesting choices, it's now similar to a Cobra in armament but has the benefit of all that extra armour. I like the duelist variant armoured antenna, I'll keep that in mind when I paint mine..

ShellshockNB said...

he he he you should see my Best super Kodiak I built in SL with a friend.this thing LOOOKS awesome. email me if you want to see pics. shellshocknb@live.com

tank_santa (Jon) said...

I will fire you off an e-mail shortly I think. Sorry for the late reply been lacking any e-mail notifications.